Monday, January 7, 2008

Surreality (Part 1)

This what I have written so far for a story I started last night. tell my what you think ^^


Hi, my name is Robin Birk, a perfectly uninteresting 18 year old and because of this, naturally, forces were set in motion to make me more interesting. I am a drifter, my whole life I have drifted through life. There has never been a purpose to my drifting, just a general sense of indifference to all that happens to me. I have never had anything or anyone that holds my attention, but that all changed the day I met her. But I guess I am getting ahead of myself. The end of my drifting life began at four AM, six months ago. I was enjoying a late night stroll through my town when it happened, the beginning of the events that would change my life forever.
My stroll had brought me over the fence of the local swimming pool where I was skipping stones when the sky suddenly erupted with a greenish radiance that made the noonday sun pale in comparison. I was quite startled by this turn of events as you can imagine, and fell into the pool. The pool was then immersed by an even brighter light, if that’s possible, I then watched my right arm disintegrate. “hey give that back!’ I shouted with my left hand clenched in a fist and thrust at the sky, a useless gesture that resulted in me losing buoyancy and sinking below the surface of the water. My other arm and both my legs disintegrated next, for some reason all I could think of at that point was some guy named Bob I had met a few nights ago. Then everything went white, quite the opposite from the black I was expecting.
I awoke very angry, because as far as I knew someone had run off with my extremities and I had grown somewhat attached to them. The first thing I noticed upon my return to a conscious state was the fact that I was no longer under water, the second was that my arms and legs had been returned to me, in more or less the same condition they were in when they were taken. The most unsettling was the loss of my clothing, well not all of my clothing, I still had my left sock, I was unsure how I should feel about this random tidbit of information I had uncovered, but decided to make a note of it incase it held some importance later on. With my arms back in my sphere of influence I figured it would be a simple matter to sit up and look around, but said simple task was hindered by the fact I was floating and had no way of knowing which way was up as everything was still painfully white and I could not see anything but myself and the sock that floated halfway off my foot.
What happened next was kind of a let down after all the build up that had been developing. A smallish purple man appeared on the wall next to me, although I guess considering the angle he was at, the wall was more likely the floor. Being I was floating and seemed unable to maneuver in any way I simply twisted to look at him. The little alien then bowed to me, which looked quite odd from the position I was floating at, and said something I will never forget: “taco stands smell of apple paper”. or at least that is what I heard, I found out later that he had actually said “welcome chosen one” or something along those lines. Without warning the alien shouted some indescribable gibberish and then stole my sock and vanished. This lead to an interesting sensation, the rest of me was quite warm, but my left foot was suddenly very cold.
I pondered the sensation for what felt like an hour, but my attention was abruptly diverted from my foot to the three small aliens that had appeared on the ceiling. The inconsistent dimensions of the area I was floating in was starting to make me very cross, and I informed the aliens of this quite pointedly. Ignoring this the aliens moved onto what they found to be more important. “Please forgive my subordinates rudeness earlier, clothes are a blasphemy to his religion”. the middle alien explained while all three aliens bowed in unison. “Well they're not for mine, so give them back.” I informed them while covering myself. The middle alien looked quite guilty when he told me that my clothes had been destroyed because they had a chemical on them that was extremely harmful to their race, and was forced to protect his crew while going against the comfort of the chosen one. “Was it the chlorine?” I asked with genuine interest, completely oblivious to the fact that I was floating naked talking to upside down aliens in the middle of a white void.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOHOHO! Brilliance. :D!