Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Surreality (part 3)

Oddly enough my only thought on this turn of events was that I would be late for work. Derailing that train of thought, I again turned to face my diminutive alien captors and informed them of my desire to be in a relatively vertical position on a horizontal plane of which the dimensions would stay constant. The middle alien nodded then pressed a button which had appeared above his head resulting in my unexpected but predictably rapid descent to what I assumed was the floor. After my short introduction with the floor, which had a texture I could only describe as peach flesh covered in sandpaper, I regained the precarious balance on my limbs and glanced around in hopes of seeing a color, other then white, any color.
“Please follow us so you may dress yourself”. The middle alien said as soon as I had regained some sense of normalcy in my balance. Once the aliens started walking I had no choice but to draggle along behind them, seeing as they only came up to my waist. Curiously the ceilings seemed to be high enough for me to walk without slouching, not that I could see the ceiling, I gathered this factoid because I had yet to hit my head on any low flying ceilings. “We are almost there” the alien to the left of me assured me, but considering the only indication that we were moving at all was that we were walking, the area around us remained completely white with a bit of fog, this lead me to believe that this whole series of events was just an elaborate ploy to get me to exercise. “Here we are, Chosen one”. The aliens said in unison. I stood there quite confused as all I saw in front of me was the same white fogginess I had been walking through for the past ten minutes. I stood pondering this until one of the aliens tapped my right thigh and pointed behind me. Boxes, thousands of boxes right behind me, extending backwards till they vanished, like the warehouse in “Raiders of the lost ark”. I was awe struck, that is where we had just come from.
My left foot reminded me of my priorities, so I pried the nearest crate open. Upset by what I found I pried another crate open then another. Finally after at least two dozen crates I turned to the aliens and politely inquired as to if there were any crates with guys’ clothes. The aliens seemed confused by this and informed me that all of the clothes in the crates were picked out by the alien on my left because they were very well liked by the people of my world. “Yes, but only worn by the females”, I pointed out. This caused the alien on my left to turn lovely deep maroon in what I guess was embarrassment. The middle alien bowed to me and informed me that he had an eloquent solution that would make everyone happy, the bow made me nervous but I did not stop him from solving this because of my pesky paranoia. A large red button appeared above the middle alien, he then bowed again and pushed the button.
The already bright room flashed with an even brighter light then my left foot suddenly felt as if it was on fire, the rest of my body followed suit seconds later. I then stubbed my toe, fell over backwards, and everything went green, this made me wonder if I would ever pass out with the proper background color. When I regain situational awareness I discovered exactly what the aliens solution was, a solution I personally disapproved of and did not think lived up to his promise of mutual satisfaction, I expressed my opinion on the subject to him immediately. “While I see how turning me into a girl is a viable option I would rather if you looked into a method that does not involve altering my physiology”. I braced myself when I saw the middle alien bow again, “I deeply apologies I was not aware you would disapprove and I am also ashamed to admit that we will not be able to reverse the process without it killing you”. The middle alien informed me with an utterly bleak desolate expression. “Figures” I uttered with a huge sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suprisingly, this is something that I have pondered before. Not quite in this sense but in the form the ability to gender morph at will.

:D Another amusing chapter :D I CANT WAIT FOR MORE!