Monday, April 21, 2008

Surreality (Part 20)

“Hello, fancy running into you here” slipped out before I could think of anything better to say, I was also much too chipper when I said it, I have to quit hanging out with my ships AI so much. The alien girl looked confused and the man behind her chuckled,
The man extended his hand to me, “Hello my name is Tamas. Could you kindly ask your ship to leave mine alone?” This Tamas fellow reminded me of a mixture of characters from the silver screen, most of them being lovable scoundrels. “I am sorry, I had no idea it was this hungry, I thought it had just eaten” I replied as I shook his hand. My ship chose that moment to finish off its “meal” leaving their fifteen man crew and myself alone in the large empty room where their ship had once be lodged. “So… um, I guess you can stay at my place for a while” I said kind of awkwardly, what does one say to a person that just had their ship consumed. “You are very kind, I do hope your ship is quite full now miss…” I can honestly say that no one has ever kissed my hand before when introducing themselves and I must say it startled me a bit, “Oh how rude of me, my name is Robin Birk, nice to meet you” I introduced myself quickly so he did not notice my nervous reaction to his touch.
Tamas introduced the rest of his crew to me and then asked me if I had a brig to lock up the girl, whose name I still had not learned. When I inquired as to why she would need to be locked up, she looked nice enough to me; I was told she was a Draconian as if that was enough information. “What is a Draconian?” I asked when Tamas made it clear he wasn’t going to supply that information, the face of every one of them mirrored an identical expression of shock and disbelief, “How can you have not heard about the most ruthlessly brutal race in the galaxy?” one of Tamas’s crew finally asked after a fifteen minute long silence. “My race doesn’t get out much” I said in an off hand manner.

No comments: